The book of Esther is one of the most riveting tales in all of Scripture. A beautiful and courageous orphan girl in ancient Persia rises to become queen of the powerful Persian empire. The story, much like a Hollywood movie, is filled with a combination of violent conflict, beautiful women, sex and troubling justice. But throughout the entire book, God is never mentioned. God seems absent from this roller-coaster ride. But if you look close enough, you see God’s fingerprints all over the pages of this story. Esther teaches us an important lesson: Though seemingly absent and hidden, God is always at work for the good of his people and his glory.
Join us the next 5 weeks as we study this story together.
- September 17: When God Seems Absent (Esther 1-2)
- September 24: Haman’s Plot / Racism (Esther 3)
- October 1: For Such a Time As This (Esther 4)
- October 8: Humility & Pride (Esther 5-7)
- October 15: God’s Justice (Esther 9-10